• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tesla

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
We were at a function at a hotel in Morristown (NJ). While parking the car in the hotel garage, I saw a Tesla Roadster in another space.

Interestingly, there was a nearby 110V outlet and the thing was plugged into it. I don't know if that was "approved" or he was just stealing volts.
Morristown does have a public bicycle parking area with plugs for electric bikes.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
They're interesting cars,but I still have a problem with someone
spend over $100,000 to save a little gasoline money,& since our govern-
ment subsidises these purchases,I have a problem with them.
I don't mean to be political,but we have a local lady here that
just LOVES the attention that she gets with the car,& in the local paper
kept bragging about how much money she saved on gas.

- Doug

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
you can buy a brand new 12 cyl. Ferrari for 100 large?

CZ_Dave

Jedi Warrior
No, but a nice 308 could be bought.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Lets see, 100 Gs and I'll save maybe 5 gals of gas in 250 miles. WOW, sounds great! I wonder how long it'll take to get my 100 Gs back? Oh, the special batteries, how much to replace them when they go bad and they will? My golf cart takes about a grand to replace the batteries and their just every day deep cycles. I wouldn't be surprised if the battery pack would run around 10 Gs to replace. Wonder how that relates to gas savings? Nice looking car, I don't like the red and black advertised though. Yellow would be good, you know, if you want to be seen, make a scene. I think I'll stick to gas! I just saw a sign for a nice Boxer for sale down the road. Oops, I checked it out and it was a dog. Oh well, my luck. :jester:

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hey Boss, then it would be apples to oranges

The reason to buy the Tesla is the incredible quickness and the look of the car.
People are not buying that to save fuel.
It's just a bonus.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Basil said:
If I was inclined to spend that kind of money on a car, it would be a 12 cyl. Ferrari !

A VEE twelve, methinks. :jester:

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
From a yard art stand point, what's wrong w/ a flat 12 Ferrari, Doc?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I'd be okay with it, I s'pose, Rob. :jester:

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
CZ_Dave said:
No, but a nice 308 could be bought.
Try 3 of them! Moooaahahahaha :devilgrin: ..... The going rate on 308s right now is around $30K. :thumbsup:
But, unfortunately, they never had a 12 cyl (I'd still take one! I'd just have to grow a big bushy mustache and wear Hawaiian shirts. )hehehehehe

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Not to get political, but didn't our government just subsidize a Swedish(?) company to build electric cars over there, generating zero American jobs for hundreds of millions in tax dollars??? All because the company owners couldn't find any place to build a plant, or some stupid reason like that, which our political leaders swallowed, hook, line and sinker again. I guess they never saw Detroit or any other former automotive city in America with the big empty buildings that used to be called factories....

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
OK, let me get it. I might have the country wrong, but the cars are being made in Europe, rather than here in the states.