• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

T-Shirt Design

Country flag
OK, I'm no artist but I designed a Sprite T-shirt for myself since all mine are a little worn out and I wasn't thrilled with anything else I saw. I made them available on CafePress if anyone else wants one. (Warning: CafePress is not cheap).

I only put up a couple of variations (all on dark shirts), but I may do more later if someone has a request or suggestion.

https://www.cafepress.com/bruisedegomotorsports

Very nice, though, as you say, a bit expensive (at $32). I wonder why.

The dark color process apparently costs more, and the front/back imprint adds costs.

I'm going to do an invert of the image for light color shirts. I just did the dark because it is what I wanted.

Vary cool Trevor - much more talent than I could muster.

I've got a Cafe Press shop too, on my website, that way folks that want Acme Speed Shop, swag and I don't make , or stock it. I also use it personally, and make up one of kind t shirts for myself, lately I've been into old gas logo, Shell, Sinclair, but basically anything I find on the Internet and get the right size file, I can make a t shirt from, you can make a t shirt for yourself as cheap as 10 bucks, if it's not on both sides, and not o black shirt. I also figure out how to put text on a shirt too by using then word processor and then conveying it to jpg, or similar.

Hap Waldrop said:
I also use it personally, and make up one of kind t shirts for myself, lately I've been into old gas logo, Shell, Sinclair, but basically anything I find on the Internet and get the right size file, I can make a t shirt from, you can make a t shirt for yourself as cheap as 10 bucks, if it's not on both sides, and not o black shirt.

so, tell me more - you can submit a pattern and they will produce it? Or are you talking about making your own transfers with a computer printer?

I think Cafe Press is focused on allowing people to put build their own "stores" like you described. However, I've discovered their are other good options that focus more on production for sports teams, groups, and individuals.

I use Inkscape to do my drawings and text, then export it as a png and Bob's yer uncle. (There are tons of drawing programs, but I'm mentioning inkscape.org because it is a free and quality application)

JP, checkout https://www.cafepress.ca/

You basically use their online designer to place graphics/text on a shirt (via upload) and then they print it and deliver it. No setup charges no minimum order. You can also do like Hap and set up a store where people can buy your design and they will mail you a check for the income (If you markup your items). (You set the markup)

Thanks,

I'm thinking I should do something similar for a Midget, but I'm not sure how to incorporate the octagon. Any suggests?

That is very cool. Is there a website with more vintage style shirts?

I think they'll let it slide, after all I asked.

Trevor Jessie said:
OK, I'm no artist but I designed a Sprite T-shirt for myself since all mine are a little worn out and I wasn't thrilled with anything else I saw. I made them available on CafePress if anyone else wants one. (Warning: CafePress is not cheap).

I only put up a couple of variations (all on dark shirts), but I may do more later if someone has a request or suggestion.

https://www.cafepress.com/bruisedegomotorsports
Do you think they'd make a ball cap with the "front of the car and sprite emblem" design (that you did for some of the T shirts) in a light tan(camel) color? Sorry I can't be happy with what's already offered :smile:. I probably sound like my kids at dinner time!
Great work by the way!

Mark, I told Trevor about a place I use.
If I send you a referral you get your first order really cheap and I get a credit at the place. So there is a small interest on my part but really it's a great service at a great price or I wouldn't be doing it.
Those who know me know I'm a charter member of the Wee Tight club.

They do embroidered hats, shirts, coats etc.
I've received permission to use the Sprite Midget Club USA logo and set up a store where people can buy stuff with the logo and then the profit (whatever is generated) would go to the club.

I had a test hat and shirt made and I like them a lot.
Then I had surgery and the project fell through the cracks.
I want to get going on it and it does seem like there is some interest.

They will look at any design you send them and decide if they can do it and once approved you can order all the stuff you want.
They also make it easy to set up your own shop.
Let me know if you want a referral so you can do your own stuff, the price of the first order is enticing.
Just PM me, I'll need an email address.