• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Oklahoma Storms

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Tremendous amount of damage around the Tulsa area, even further out where super cells dropped to the ground! We were lucky as the main storms went above us to the North and below us to the South. Hard to imagine the damage these storms caused. Haven't heard how Walter made out, hoping he got through this without any damage! :unsure:

mctriumph

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
I hate tornados ! Having been in car repair/insurance work for many years, I can certify that
These suckers only bring ruin and heart aches. Everyone makes money on hail storms.
and nobody dies.
Mad dog

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
We had an interesting night last night. We had a funnel on the ground for fifty-three minutes. At my house we just had strong straight winds, a ton of rain, and light hail. This isn't my photo, my son sent it to me. This was taken a little ways west of me between Altus and Lawton.

1000040074.jpg

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Glad to hear you were pretty much unscathed Walt. I watched that big one headed your direction on the tele.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I remember back in the late 50s up in Kansas my wife and I, (then my girlfriend), used to ride around to see if we could spot a tornado to watch! The worst one I remember was when one picked up a school bus loaded with kids, they found books out of the bus five miles away! Needless to say a tragedy of the worst kind, something I'll never forget. We never went looking for tornadoes again. There nothing to fool with!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Glad to hear you were pretty much unscathed Walt. I watched that big one headed your direction on the tele.
My only loss was small silver maple I had been nurturing for a few years. My canoe was picked up and thrown into it. The tree was only about seven feet tall, so the root system was not that deep or strong. The canoe was fine.