• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Need photos of Pacific Green vs Florida Green plz

Re: need photos of pasific green vs florida green

Not sure how much I can help. My car was originally Florida Green. Changed many years ago to red by a previous owner. If it wasn't so much work & expense to completely repaint inside, outside, top, bottom, & change the trim, I would go back to the original color.

I have attached a couple of pics of Florida Green cars. It will give no more than an approximation of the true color. Internet colors are very difficult to render accurately since so much depends on the software, monitor, etc.

Pacific Green has much more green & is a darker bluish green? Florida Green is more Turquoise.

The only way to really tell is to get samples of the paints & spray a test panel.
D

Attachments

• 11173.jpg
    11173.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 792
  • 11174.jpg
    11174.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 759
  • 11175.jpg
    11175.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,125

hi dave -and much ty for the photos - only... is it the same colours on the photos and the one over the red car ?? could the one photo over the red car be florida green and the 2 attatchments be pasific green ?? seems so on my screen but i could be wrong. - -- this is why im so much in doubt.

thanks

soren_ak said:
seems so on my screen but i could be wrong. - -- this is why im so much in doubt.
thanks
This is why I said:

"The only way to really tell is to get samples of the paints & spray a test panel."

I am quite sure that the two pics are "Florida Green".
D

Based on the available images - and allowing for color distortion - Florida Green seems be similar to Sea Foam Green and Pacific Green seems to be similar to Turquoise?

Who knows? Color names are totally subjective. When you combine variability of media, the fact that different human eyes see the exact same color differently, & totally random color names, the whole subject becomes a crap shoot.

Even natural Turquoise has a tremendous range of color variations with no standard.
D

Attachments

• 11188.jpg
    11188.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 935

Dave - u the man !! . i still need some photos of intererieur - but i guess i need to get hand on the 2 colourrs personerly to give my bike a shoot in order to see the difference my self. next time ya in denmark ill treat ya with a nice dinner at my rest.

does anyone have the 2 different paint codes ( ? ) that i can tell my mechanic to get hold on so we can test them colours out ? - ( sorry for mispelling = lots of that darn bordeaux)
soren

According to Anderson-Moment:

The original paint code for Pacific Green was GN.9
Interior trim was Grey with Green piping - Green carpet - Grey top.

Original code for Florida Green was GN.1
Interior trim was Grey with Green piping - Green carpet - Black top. Other sources show a Grey top as available also.

The Grey interior & top were actually a light creamy beige, close to the more modern Porsche "Linen" color."
D

Re: Need photos of Pacific Green vs Florida Green

I have a few pictures. Still need some of the exterior?

Bruce

Hey Soren,

Last night I was watching a broadcast of the AvD-Historic-Marathon in Nurburbring and they featured a race team called "Gotcha Historic Racing" where both of their cars are painted in Florida Green. One is an E-Type and the other is an AH 3000. I tried Google to see if there were any photos of the cars and all I got was the Jaguar on this webpage .

Towards the bottom on the right side there is a good photo of him running in the rain. Then, all the way at the bottom left, is a close up of the car after the win.

From what I could tell, they also have a GT40, but it's wasn't painted at the time. I'll see if I can find a photo of the Healey. It was beautiful.

I actually just found their website, (it looks like it even has the Florida Green background). You might be able to contact them to see what paint they actually used. Here it is:

https://www.3grafen.de/flash.htm

Good luck...

I really like both colors, at most shows you see lots of BRG, Red, Black, Whits and and for Austin-Healey, Healey Blue cars, the Pacific and Florida green are both cool because they are rarer and look so period correct in my humble opinion.

there used to be a site that allowed you to place the factory colors on the exterior and interior of big Healeys, which was great fun, although the colors were an approximation. I think the sie is till out there, but it is harder to find these days.

bruce - sure need it still - thanks a bunch. please include inerieur if possible.

btw - the first of the BT7´s is just about rdy to go to painter - original colours is white wiht red intereieur -
so im gonna do it like this one https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Austin-He...sspagenameZWDVW -

only i might be using red carpets also - anyone got any photos of red carpet and seats so i can see what it looks like`? ( besides this that i found = https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Austin-He...sspagenameZWDVW )

on my heritage paiper it says that the healey is white wiht red interieur ? - doesent that mean red carpet also ?
and if the sides of the car was painted in a different colour ( like the one shown on photos white and red sides) is that mentioned on the herritage certificat ? or not ?

thanks for all the help i can get. -

ahh and does anyone have the paint codes for the white ( old english white ) and read ( for the sides) -
thanks

Hello,

here you can see absolut orginal pacific green from my car with the orginal matching interieur.

https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/shibapics/DSC_0001.jpg

https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/shibapics/DSC_0002.jpg

https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/shibapics/DSC_0006.jpg

Question @ all . Would you like repaint the car in this colour ? For me it is a typical us colour for the fifties .
I think it looks good on a corvette ... but in europe a english car is in my opinion dark brg...

Bye michel-who have a car with the best 47 years old orginal condition interieur, but with twistet main beam of the frame...

Soren,
If you go to the website of The Austin-Healey Owners' Club of Queensland (www.austinhealeyqld.com/) you can see a 100-6 which belongs to a member of our club. It was painted in both these colours when built in 1958. There are a few photos to look at, one when the car was fairly new and more recent one after restoration. The owner has done research on his car and the very few other sixes sold new in Queensland, Australia.