• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Madflyer

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Good morning all as a new member yesterday I found BCF quite good and as a long time TR owner, I still learn more each day and yesterday a great day for sure. I added my inputs to a number of post that I hope would help new TR owners. The reason I joined BCF was to tell about a wish I have had for many years. Adding a Backlight to my 1973 TR6. If you do not know what the heck is a backlight either did I, I called them Surry tops as seen on a few TR 4's. I live in Reno area of Nevada. My hard top was a pain, my soft top always a fight when cold. My answer could be the Backlight that I have ordered from the UK to arrive this month ( not cheap ) by any count. If you ask why this top well on a normal trip say around Lake Tahoe. A drive can start you at 60 deg. go over 9,000 feet to rain and or snow and return to Reno at 80 deg. A Backlight is a rear glass window and frame that leaves a space for a soft panel and frame or a hard top. They come two ways one frame and glass or as they call them ROB or roll over bar incorporated. I will now have much more space as no folding top and removal of my roll bar. Stay tuned for up dates. Madflyer