• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

3000 Jack and Tools

OP
Dave Richards

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Anthony, replied to the PM.
James: I couldn't make the jump from AF to whitworth!
Keoke, I'm going to start looking for a fancy junkyard jack and chocks.
Editor Reid: I noted the difference in the tool kit and the Supplementary Tool Kit, thanks.

Altogether, this was very informative, thanks again everyone.

keoke, your correct as usuall, but please give me some credit do ya tinks id put dat piece of excrement in my boot? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif me and jameswillson are hatching a plan to patch it up and sell it on ebay he says we can get enough money for it to have both our cars repainted and new leather interiors installed with the money.godda go now havta mix up more bondo and go buy a can of china red paint. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif

SHG

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Not to dredge up an old subject, but if I can't ask a stupid question here, where can I?

Let's assume for the sake of argument that I got myself a nice shiney red shelley jack for show. (No comments from Keoke about what a useless piece of crap it is; it's just for show!) How is it supposed to fit in the boot with the strap (I know it's supposed to go on the left side in the well in front of the spare)?

I looked in all the books and nobody has a pic of the jack in the boot. If anybody here has one, can you please post it for me?

Thanks, as always.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
SHG said:
Not to dredge up an old subject, but if I can't ask a stupid question here, where can I?

I looked in all the books and nobody has a pic of the jack in the boot. If anybody here has one, can you please post it for me?

Thanks, as always.

SHG, methinks those folks who wrote all those books trying to tell you sumpin.---Keoke-- /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

OP
Dave Richards

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I think Reid will know, he says he's always scrounging junkyards for jacks, etc.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Naw Dave, 7777's got one all bondoed up an painted pretty red and in this case the jack don't even have to do no jackin just look like one. SHG can find out where to put it later on /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif. Hey ANTHONY!! I got a customer for da jack.---Keoke-- /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
SHG said:
How is it supposed to fit in the boot with the strap (I know it's supposed to go on the left side in the well in front of the spare)?

I always try to tell the truth (at least when it doesn't get me in TOO much trouble), and the truth is, I really don't know. I'm also not sure that anyone REALLY knows, and I'd be a bit skeptical of anyone who was sure that they have the right answer.

That said, there IS a jack strap and it must have had some purpose, and it must have been meant to hold the jack to something. I can't really see anything that would have been a likely place/thing to strap the jack to. Anyone got any good theories?

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well Reid, lets just suppose there was a bag that held the jack and the "Strap" was used to hold the bag closed. A likely spot for the jack is under the spare tire on the left hand side of the car. Damage to the rear shroud in that area created from inside the car is often seen. Alternatively, the jack may have been just secured with the strap to the rear shroud support sans bag,given that the boot kit upholstered that section of the later cars--Keoke-?

GregW

Yoda
Country flag
I haven't worn one of those in years and I'm NOT showing you the picture. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

SHG

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Uh, dear Editor, he said jack. Please don't allow yourself to be drawn into the gutter.

Seriously, somebody somewhere has to have a pic or know how the jack is supposed to be secured. Or have we found the great void in Healey knowledge?

GregW

Yoda
Country flag
Hi Scott,
The only reference I found was in the Anderson/ Moment book on page 133 for a BN7. The jack is laying on the floor to the left of the gas tank (as you look forward from behind the car) in the low spot rearward of the leaf spring box. They mention the jack strap being used for later cars, but do not mention location. There is no mention or photo in my original owners manual either.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
--------------Keoke- /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

SHG

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
since it's been too cold to drive, I spent the winter cleaning up the engine and buying stuff for the car. I had a bunch of Heuer rally timers, and tools, inspection lamps, tecalemit grease guns and now some shelley jacks. I clean 'em up and polish or paint, repair, whatever. They get all nice and shiney when I'm done, until I realize that instead of having one of 'em, I now have 10. So, we be off to ebay in the spring. But take a look at how pretty a jack can look.

I was gonna include a pic of the jack, but apparently this new website won't let me upload photos. Sorry.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
7777's:

You mean you didn't sell it to him like I told you to do!!---Keoke- /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif-- /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif