• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Navy Corsair Was A Fighting Machine

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
2d Lt Alton Frasers F-1 Corsair after an engagement! This one brought him back safely, even so, he probably had his hands full!
2nd Lt Alton Frazers Fg-1D after an engagement.jpg

Not much left of it, probably saved for parts. :unsure:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Had his hands full and likely his pants too.

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'm thinking this is a perfect exhibit of the principle which states that anything can in fact fly when enough horsepower is applied. Not to mention a fantastic tribute to both pilot skill and engineering/design.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
If you notice, even his canopy is missing! :eek:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
He was engaged with a Japanese N1J2-k -J fighter over Okinawa, as we know he made it back, the other guy, I don't think so!(y)

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My grandad was a big fan of the Corsair. He said it possessed a terrific air frame and it was one of his favorite aircraft from his days of working on them.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
My grandad was a big fan of the Corsair. He said it possessed a terrific air frame and it was one of his favorite aircraft from his days of working on them.
I wish I could have net your granddad Walter. Could probably talked for hours.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Paul, I'm sure that you two would have gotten along well. If you'd been a couple of years older you probably would have met him. The Norman naval air station was his last duty post in 53.