• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'm new.

RobXK120

Freshman Member
Country flag
Ditto, Paul. Welcome from Sydney - not to be confused with Halifax NS which is 16,809 km North East. I’ve twice bought cars completely in pieces: an SP250 (didn’t put it together, the “one night stand that went awfully wrong” just couldn’t love it’s ugly face!), and a XK 150 (didn’t put it together, lost workshop when Father passed away) and one motorbike; a Vincent Black Shadow. (Imported from England, put completely together: my best restoration ever - bought for (AUD) $7000, finished for $12,000, sold to buy family car for $22,500, (1995) saw one sold this year for $800,000!!). However, I’ve also taken two cars completely to pieces and put them back together: a TR2 and a Daimler 2.5 V8. But now, without workshop and getting on, buy them complete and tinker; my XK 120, (2006-2013), Jaguar 340 (2013-2019) and now my Austin Healey 3000 (2019 to ??). As you can see, I’ve been a Jaguar man most of my car life, and am feeling a bit of a cad and deserter! But intend to return to the fold when SWMBO lets me buy a Mkii.
Suggest 123 Ignition built into Lucas distributor from 123ignitions-conversions.com (Hebels) - makes the six sing! And Dynalite (RAC006 I think) Lucas Dynamo look alike alternator If you haven’t already. Rob.