• Notice: If you're posting to get ride of the little man (we call him Lucas) please post something meaningful. Tell us about yourself and your interest in British cars and/or why you joined BCF. We don't "require" you share anything too personal - just help us get to know about you and your love of little British cars. Also, this New Member's Forum is only to introduce yourself. If you have specific questions about your little British car, please post those in the appropriate marque-related forum.

One last thing - please start a new topic if you're new here rather than replying to a thread another new member has started.

Thanks and welcome to BCF!
    Basil
  • Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Greetings from a Jensen 541 owner

Scotty541

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi! My name is Scott and I am the owner of a 1956 Jensen 541 in rough but very original shape. Here is the link to some pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/77816069@N06/

For those who are not familiar with the Jensen 541, between 1954 and 1963 only 546 of these cars were produced. There are about 357 accounted for worldwide, and perhaps about 10-15 in the US- they were not exported (all right hand drive). The 541 has a fiberglass body, steel chassis, aluminum doors, and a 4 liter in-line 6 cylinder borrowed from the Austin Sheerline with 3 SU carbs to keep her in check (and me crazy!). The car has 4 wheel disc brakes and is electric power provided by the infamous Lord Lucas.

I owned a 1964 MGB back in my high school days; during the pre-internet era it was difficult obtaining multiple pricing for parts as well as good, reliable information. Today we are all very fortunate to have such great forums as this one which keeps our British cars on the road, and solidifies our camaraderie.

I am looking forward to participating in many of the chats I've been observing on the forum. I am already a member of the UK based Jensen Owners Club, and the Positive Earth Drivers Club here in central New Jersey.
I haven't begun restoration yet- i am keeping all of my options open, obtaining parts sources, collecting money (donations are appreciated :eagerness:smile:, and attending as many Britfest shows as I can to get to know people in the hobby and the business.

The forum looks great, and I would love to hear from other Jensen 541 owners- it's lonely out here!!

Scott

Welcome, Scott!

Quite a prize you have there. While we don't have a Jensen-specific section, you can post over on the "Other British Cars"; I'm sure some Jensen owners will hook up.

:cheers:
Mickey

Wow! Ten years ago when I lived in Ontario, a friend of mine was restoring a 1956 541, it was one he personally brought over from England with him when he moved in 1976... He actually drove it in southern Ontario as his daily driver for the first two years he lived here and then parked it up for many years, starting to restore it around 2001, not sure if he has finished it yet (since I moved back to Alberta in 2003)... I could probably try to get you in touch with him if you wanted to... I know there aren't very many 541's in North America...

Welcome! I am familiar with the 541, and actually painted one (as in a portrait), commissioned by its owner. Lovely cars, hand-built in West Bromwich, just down the road from my home town!

Nice! Welcome to the forum. As said above, not too many of us Jensen owners around here (I've got a 1974 Jensen Healey MkII) so great to have you aboard!

Hi! My name is Scott and I am the owner of a 1956 Jensen 541 in rough but very original shape. Here is the link to some pictures:
> scotty541 <

For those who are not familiar with the Jensen 541, between 1954 and 1963 only 546 of these cars were produced. There are about 357 accounted for worldwide, and perhaps about 10-15 in the US- they were not exported (all right hand drive). The 541 has a fiberglass body, steel chassis, aluminum doors, and a 4 liter in-line 6 cylinder borrowed from the Austin Sheerline with 3 SU carbs to keep her in check (and me crazy!). The car has 4 wheel disc brakes and is electric power provided by the infamous Lord Lucas.

I owned a 1964 MGB back in my high school days; during the pre-internet era it was difficult obtaining multiple pricing for parts as well as good, reliable information. Today we are all very fortunate to have such great forums as this one which keeps our British cars on the road, and solidifies our camaraderie.

I am looking forward to participating in many of the chats I've been observing on the forum. I am already a member of the UK based Jensen Owners Club, and the Positive Earth Drivers Club here in central New Jersey.
I haven't begun restoration yet- i am keeping all of my options open, obtaining parts sources, collecting money (donations are appreciated :eagerness:smile:, and attending as many Britfest shows as I can to get to know people in the hobby and the business.

The forum looks great, and I would love to hear from other Jensen 541 owners- it's lonely out here!!

Scott
Hi Scott,

I know this is a bit of a thread revival, but I would love to know what happened to your Jensen. It was my dad’s old car and I have been searching for many years to see it again. You ask on your Flickr page if anyone has any ideas what the original plate was, well it was SCA 576. I hope to hear from you.

Shaun

Wow, that is one very cool looking car! Glad to have you aboard! I suspect there are not too many (if any) here with one of those! Welcome to BCF!

Back